I am doing my Ph.D. at the research group Governance, Participation & Sustainability at Leuphana University Lüneburg and work as research associate in the MULTAGRI project. I am an environmental scientist by training and in my Ph.D. I focus on governance for a sustainable agriculture, espcially on factors enabling successful collaboration for a more sustainable agriculture on the local and regional level.
- Since October 2015: Research associate in the MULTAGRI project.
- Since May 2012: Ph.D. student at research group Governance, Participation & Sustainability at Leuphana University Lüneburg, provisional title of the thesis: “Local and regional governance for Sustainable Agriculture”
May 2012 – July 2015: scholarship holder of the Innovation-Incubator of the Leuphana University Lüneburg
- April 2010 – April 2012: research assistant in the erc-funded project “Evaluating the Delivery of Environmental Governance using an Evidence-based Research Design (EDGE)”
- May – June 2009: research stay in Ijuí, Brazil for data collection for the diploma thesis “Perspectives for the Sustainability of Soy Bean Cultivation in the Northwest of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil: A Social Network Analysis”
- September 2007 – February 2008: Internship at the Instituto de Biologia of the Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil: Participation in the coordination of a network of farmers and institutions for agroecological agriculture
- October 2004 – March 2010: Environmental Sciences (Diploma) at Leuphana University Lüneburg, majors: environmental chemistry, environmental and sustainability communication
Leventon, J., Schaal, T., Velten, S., Dänhardt, J., Fischer, J., Abson D.J., & Newig, J. (2017). Collaboration or fragmentation? Biodiversity management through the common agricultural policy. Land Use Policy 64: 1-12.
Leventon, J., Newig, J., Schaal, T., & Velten, S. (2016). Governance approaches to address scale issues in biodiversity management – current situation and ways forward. MultAgri Policy Brief. MULTAGRI. 03/2016.